this road is straight and long

states i have been to in the past six months:
(my flower is a list)

A. Bellingham, WA

1. California
2. Nevada
3. Arizona
4. New Mexico through a train window
5. Texas. Three times. Once, I gave my heart away.
6. Louisiana
7. Mississippi, where we shared pie
8. Alabama rest stop
9. Florida. Twice. Four cities and the greyhound busses. I fled both times.
10. Illinois. Most of my time.
11. Indiana through car windows and polite conversation. And again, in a minivan, full of poets.
12. Ohio
13. Pennsylvania
14. New Jersey. Driving through, flying out of and into, and falling asleep inside.
15. New York. Three times, but never for a full day.
16. Connecticut. Took long walks looking for ghosts. Built fires and burned them.
17. Massachusetts felt like home.
18. Delaware drive-by
19. Maryland (twice) became my bike-gang, estuary, firefly trap, and slumber party
20. Washington DC on bicycles, wanted popsicles, and free museums
21. Virginia (windows)
22. North Carolina (...)
23. South Carolina (...)
24. Georgia (windows)
25. Michigan. Again, with the heart and the poets.
26. Oregon. again and again and again.
27. Idaho (windows and hotel rooms...
28. Montana
29. Wyoming
30. Colorado
31. Kansas
32. Oklahoma ...)

33? Maybe Rhode Island through windows. I do not know.

B. Denton, TX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!