All caught up!

10/30
dreamed again. tonight I dreamed of making
muffins and babies. I told you (unexpectedly) that
you were the only man I'd ever want to make
babies with and you told me I was beautiful every
day for two-hundred-sixty-six days.

we named our children Sweetbelly and Stickylove and
when they were outside, we kept them in fruit trees and
when they were inside we kept them in our arms. This
is how they never learned the feet/ground rules. Then, when we
loved too much, we would have to go check on the tomatoes.

dreamed again. we didn't have a dishwasher, so that
I could take my time with all those muffins. I smiled and told
Sweetbelly to be careful. She had jam on her face and it was
scorpion season; so then you wrote poetry about scorpions
and jam--about sweet tomatoes and muffins.

and when it was late at night I would wake and find
you rocking Stickylove and fatherhood carefully in your arms--the way
my mom used to find dad. Lost in that rocking chair; and
then I would love too much and dreamed that I had to
step outside into that silver moonlit desert in order to
check on the tomatoes.

Comments

  1. that wuz beautiful
    i had a dream once where my new daughter was tiny they didnt think she'd make it. soooooo tiny, like a pencil, like a leaf. i named her teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those names seem so perfect in dream time. teacup, sweetbelly, stickylove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel i would like to maybe name a daughter of mine teacup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite so far, the three letters come close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like you. It reminds me of some stuff you read to be at the kitchen table of the lakeway house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for the lakeway house. and for dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this one. and it reminds me ever-so-slightly of weetzie bat. in the best non-teen fiction kind of way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30