4/30

Cristin has perfect eyesight. She doesn't even like carrots! That is a lie, maybe. I do not know how she feels about carrots. I do know that she wants to wear glasses because inside of her grown ass accomplished woman self there is her little girl and inside her as a little girl there was an image of her grown as woman self and that lady wears glasses. Same as how all the nerds on TV wear glasses. Same as how wearing glasses makes you seem "smart." Cristin doesn't need to have glasses on to seem smart though. She knows about all kinds of things. Presidents. History. Probably the table of elements. Today I was driving home from work and on the radio they were talking about the race between Romney and that other guy and how they are now looking at competing against Obama and I had a question and I wanted to call Cristin. Then I remembered she doesn't wear glasses. No, that is not really why. I just figured I would google it later.

Once, a teacher told me I was very smart. I told him "no, it is the glasses, you are just assuming things."

Cristin also wants to have a perfect head of sophisticated, professorial gray hair. It is her favorite color of hair. It is my favorite color of ocean. When Cristin and I go out to sushi she says things like "Ahi! Great scrabble word!" and I love every part of that sentence. When she says it, something in her arms does a little shuffling skip. We both like sushi. I wear glasses because I have to. I do not know how I feel about gray hair, or this poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!