Pondering Sex and Reincarnation or Life Lessons

When Grady was six-and-a-half he started talking about the animals that lived under the ground.

I would like to live on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean. Set up home in a moon divot.

Cell phones are fucktards. Fact. Ask it to spell fucktard, or divot. It ain’t winning no spelling bee for damned sure.

Mostly, guys say around 60-70% of their friends are fuckable. At least sort of. Let me clarify "mostly" as the four guys I asked.

Grady thought that under this layer of earth was a whole 'nother planet. World on top of world. Under us is teeming with animals. At six-and-a-half the end of the street is the earth's curve.

I keep my phone on silent. All the time.

Imagine a boat carved from Ivory soap, perch it on a porch rail. Get in. Wait for rain.

Andrew said 63.89%. Andrew is funny. The .89 because he has more than 100 friends. He was including both sexes. This number is both surprisingly high and low.

Did Grady's plastic shovel ever hesitate above the ground? They are not ghosts, these animals.

I am not lonely in this big blue ocean.

Matt said 60% but changed it to 95%. Clarification: 95% with an eh, why not? mentality. Less than 50% if we are talking carnal passion.

One week my fuckphone was broken. I made appointments with friends and had to stick to them.

Robert said That is not the way it works and stopped playing my game. I said, that is not the way physics works either. Meaning the general equations.

The parking lot is a river in Texas. It rains like an accident here. I broke my mother’s wedding vase playing table hockey once. It rains like broken wedding vases.

When Grady was four he found a dead kitty-present in the sun room. He asked why it was that we should bury the bird under the ground. At the end of the death lecture he said I think I like the one where we get to be animals best.

I text you too often.

Isn’t Denton like an ocean, all this rain? Then I am lonely here after all.

Some things are easy. We were equally cautious and non-committal.

My dog caught a baby rabbit once, and dropped it too. It kicked its back legs out in panic and pain, going nowhere. I walked past its corpse two days later, already the white shock of bone poking through.

Anis said more than half. Maybe. I don’t know. Mostly I don’t know.

Six-and-a-half Grady thinks that reincarnation means you die, get buried, then turn into a different animal underground. All of us dead are just new animals underground.

I dropped a puppy once. On accident. Poop came out when it hit the ground. We think he is fine. Still, this is the loudest mistake, the heaviest stone.

Grady carried his dead bird around for two-and-a-half years.

95% in a sure, why not kind of way.

I could not bring myself to break the bunny's neck.

Comments

  1. was reading some poem and thought of you, as poems often make me do. because, you know, you're the poet in the family. I liked this part:

    Last night, lying in bed with nothing to hold onto but myself,
    I gazed at the emptiness beside me and saw there, in the
    shape of absence, something so sweet and deliberate I called it darling.


    I like what you wrote here, especially the grady-isms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!