This country...

Well, what do I have to say on this, the Fourth of July? Lets see.

1. Oklahoma is on the television. I am at the house where I nanny. They are out of town and I am to feed their cat and fish. I've been hanging out here because I like to be alone. Sometimes to my own detriment. For example, I do not have plans for tonight. I may just stay in. Is that sad? I don't know. It is sort of by choice. Here is what is happening on TV "The cows will moo in the clover, the river will ripple out a whispered song and whisper it over and over--don'tchuwishedyewdgo onforever--in that shiny little surrey with the fringe on top." Oh Chelsea...how I miss watching Oklahoma with you, back when we were kids.

2. I cannot hear any fireworks.

3. I did not run into any cockroaches when I was cooking, but last night, there were THREE in the kitchen at 3 in the morning. This makes me want to die. Also, outside today there was one just chilling by the step--which is just this rickety piece of concrete on top of the driveway concrete. I tried to kick it, but they are fast little suckers.

4. I like to bake. What I like most about making pie is when you add the butter to the dry ingredients. The recipe calls for using a food processor, but that is no fun. I like to put my hands in the ingredients and rub the flour into the butter till it has a nice fine texture--like corn meal. That is my favorite part. My least favorite parts are as follows: firstly, I do not like it when there is no rolling pin, and thus I must improvise and the crust keeps cracking and sticking and lordy oh. Secondly, I do not like it when the oven is warmer then it says it is, and so my pie gets burned. Sigh.

5. I have just heard my first fireworks. rat-a-tat-a-tat.

6. We do not have any indian reservations here in Texas like we do in Washington. I wonder where you go and buy the big illegal fireworks at. I wonder if they are illegal here in Texas. Probably not. We don't like to have too many laws round here. I can't believe there are no Indian Reservations.

7. Happy 4th of JULY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!