Where my family is from

In White River Junction, Vermont there are a lot of bridges.

The town is a one block sort of town. There is a beautiful old train station. I read that this is a place where trains were very important so many many years ago.

In White River Junction there is an oddities shop that passes itself off as a museum. Inside, there is a cat named Zeke. I have never loved a cat before (aside from Rudy) and I will never again. Zeke, I am told, loves everybody. Zeke let me pet his stomach and carry him around like a baby. And I did. I carried that cat around like a baby and scratched under his chin. His paws looked dirty. He was skinny because he got locked in a neighboring basement for a week. He cried when I put him down. I loved that cat.

The rain caught up with us finally. We are leaving today for Boston. Maybe the rain will not follow us to there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!