Holiday Hoopla

Grandma gave my sister and I special presents this year - heirloom rings from our great-great-grandmother Eloise Austin Whiting. Mine is pure gold with a flat-plated circle where an ornate "W" is etched. The band has swirled gold designs on either side. When we opened it and Grandma explained what they were she started crying and we all started crying. In a good way. She said she figured we should have them now anyway and then made us all laugh by letting us know that they were rings that had to be sawed off great-great-grandma's hands when she died. Oh Grandma.

I also inherited all the Serendipity books from when we were kids. Score. And got a great camera - pictures taken with said camera are forthcoming.

I got many wonderful lovely gifts this year. Lucky lucky me. Mostly I just love being around my family for the holidays. We've looked at pictures of us as babies, eaten too much candy, watched It's a Wonderful Life, Elf and Home for the Holidays, we've gone to parties, gone on walks, eaten pho and burgers, and just made each other crazy and loved on one another. Lovely Seattle family.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! This year I am 28. My friend Cristin likes to say that is statistically my most attractive year. I have some work to do! My news years resolution? Start actually DOING things I want to be doing! Is that too vague? Probably! Oh well! I'll make a better one on new years! What is your New Years Resolution?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!