condiments

i got lost in this grocery store. mom was right here just one second ago, i swear. or she was right there. or she was somewhere. uhm.
now there are just all these jars of pickles. which is pretty ok because i like pickles. well i like some pickles. not those sweet ones, or the ones that are cut like potato chips. mostly i do not like them cut. oh, my grandma makes pickles! my grandma is my mom's mom. and right now i cannot find my mom and so i am going to just stand right here and count all the jars on all these shelves. in school they told me to stay in one spot if you are lost. and also to not talk to strangers. and also to stop drop and roll. and to have a fire safety plan. i have a fire safety plan. me and my sister are going to drop our pillows out the window first and then i'll lower her down far because she is the younger one and then i'll hang onto the sill and drop down after her. but there isn't a fire right now. no pillows, just pickles, so i am going to count jars of pickles. then count pickles in jars. these jars are shiny. like my pretty shoes. and this floor. my shoes are shiny and pretty but they sort of hurt my feet. there isn't much else in this aisle. pickles. strangers. these shiny shoes of mine.
from somewhere over these aisles and around those corners i can hear voices. maybe one of them is my moms. she'll be wondering where it is that i got off to. when she finds me i think maybe i should ask her if we have any pickles at home.

Comments

  1. I love this - did I ever find you? I think so. I laughed at the fire plan and Chelsea sleeping on her pillow full of her important things in case of a fire...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!