Nori Rolls

The past month I have been eating a very restricted diet with hopes determining which, if any, foods I have negative reactions to. The diet also serves as an act of cleansing and starting to eat more whole and natural foods. I am loving it. Not only do I have more energy, my day feels more balanced, and my face/body/heart/lungs/brain feels happy, better, awesome. I usually feel like doing some cartwheels. It has been great.

So far, I have three favorite recipes, one of which I will post below. The other two? Something to look forward to! Aren't we all on the edge of our seats now?

1) Nori Rolls:
you will need: nori seaweed sheets (look in the "Asian" section/aisle of your local supermarket), carrots, green onions, avocado, cabbage and brown rice (preferably still warm).
how to assemble: while brown rice is cooking, peel carrots and cut into thin long strips. Cut green onion, avocado and cabbage into long strips as well. When brown rice is done, take a Nori sheet and lay it flat on a dry cutting board or other flat surface. Spread brown rice in a line along the bottom of the sheet of Nori. Smoosh it while pulling it towards the middle of the Nori until you have a nice brown blanket over the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 the Nori Sheet. This should be a fairly thin layer of rice. Then assemble your thing stripped fillers in a line across the middle of the brown rice blanket. Next, roll the the Nori up just like a burrito. I find that when the rice is hot, the steam works as a sticking agent to help "glue" the roll together. If you are not using warm rice, you should dip your finger in some water and run it along the seam of the seaweed so it will stick together. Take a serrated knife dipped in water and cut the Nori roll into bite-sized bits.
how to eat it: I bought some tamari (gluten free soy sauce!) for dipping. Then I dip, and shove in my mouth. DELICIOUS.


*If you don't have all the fillings listed above, get creative and put something you think would be tasty in there...in the picture provided below I was out of carrots so I put in some tasty beet strips instead. They added a little extra crunch and flavor. Yum.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!