The Absolutely True diary of a Part-Time Indian

By Sherman Alexie
Yes. Sometimes I read YA. Because I love it. There is something that touches the gut so much more readily. Something more honest about YA. Or maybe this is just a good book with a simple story. I like the simplicity and the harshness of book written for younger audiences. Especially one like The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, that is not afraid to deal with heavy subjects, curse, and somehow maintains the voice of a believable child protagonist.
Super-quick to read, great story, funny and poignant. I think I should never say poignant when I talk about books ever again. I will leave it in right here just to point out that I hope to NEVER write "poignant" again in response to a book. It seems such a trite and poorly thought out response. Like I just got lazy with my adjectives.
Regardless, people should most definitely read this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!