New Years Resolution

1) Stop using so many emoticons. Challenge: stop using them at all. They are mashed up punctuation that is supposed to depict emotion?! Once, I emoticoned a co-worker over gchat with a classic ;b and he said "what is that supposed to be?" It was endearing and made me realize that I then had to say..."Well, Peter, fellow co-worker, father of 2 adults, friend and software developer, that is a smiley face emoticon where I am simultaneously winking and sticking my tongue out at you. I did this to convey that my last comment was a quirky retort." This is not the reason I am stopping the emoticons. I am stopping them because they are popping up EVERYWHERE in my daily correspondence and I do not like that I feel this impulse to put punctuation together in a way the symbolizes a face in order to express some sort of overall tone of the email. If I cannot write to express tone then I should not write at all. Plus I don't think anything done too much is a good thing. I am more than just an inspiring minimalist when it comes to possessions--I like be be a minimalist in my actions too!

2) Stop using so many exclamation points! Same general idea (they are to prevalent in my daily correspondences be it email, text, work whatever). Start using punctuation appropriate to the text. I am certain that I do not exclaim as many things as my emails would lead people to believe.

3) Get healthy. This means in all things. Not like be skinny and look pretty but like eat good foods so my body feels good. Get good exercise so my body likes me. Try this elimination diet to see if I can't figure out what I am allergic to and avoid eating that in the future. Floss more. Do stretches and muscle toning. Walk every day or ride my bike. Sleep more regularly. I don't want to feel so tired and so achy anymore. I don't want to get old or feel like I am getting old or hurt when I move. Find the right thing to make me want to get healthy.

4) Be happy. Find that path and work hard for it. Find that right path.

5) Adult Whale Mouth. If you know what that means, then you know what that means.

6) Take pictures with new camera. That is not really a resolution. More just like something I am excited about.

7) Write a letter a week to somebody I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!