BossyPants

By Tina Fey
Picked up BossyPants at our local library and just finished reading it. It was great. I somehow feel like if I saw Tina Fey on the street today I would be able to approach her as a friend - big smile on my face "Tina!!" and she would be equally surprised and excited to see me after all these years. Maybe it is because I felt a twinge of understanding when she talked about taking good news and turning it into complete anxiety or because her subject matter was just strange enough to remind me of some papers I got away with writing in my scholarly persuits. Regardless, I loved it. It was funny, honest (I think?), and totally ridiculous at the same time. Good job Tina Fey for working so hard and being so funny! Gold stars.
I won't call it my favorite part, because there were a lot of great moments in this book--but definitely a highlight and a change of tone was the chapter where she has "prayers" for her daughter. They were funny, heartwarming (not worming) and I found myself agreeing with those prayers like a congregation for a daughter I do not have.
I also laughed in public and had to read parts of it out loud to my husband. I could not help myself. It was that good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!