More Poetry Month

3/30
Something about the birds.

Something about how I don’t ever want to get married.

Something about all my friends with new last names.

Something about the birds.

They did it, just all in fast-forward: Pranced around, false shows of strength and wit and fancy colors. Played coy. (30seconds). Followed by some sort of fantastic wrestling, all feathers and furious clashing. Trying to get away from one another just as much as they were trying to fuck one another. (five seconds). One left, the other sort of half-heartedly followed for a few short flights and then gave up. (ten seconds). Like how they do it in fast forward.

Something about getting lost in Chicago on the drive home.

Something about five minutes becoming an hour.

Something about birds.

Comments

  1. You know how real birds freak me out but I've been very into metaphorical birds and like... felt cut into a stencil of a bird.

    I like the time prompts. I don't think prompt is the right word, but it sounds right in my head. I'm sticking with it.

    I don't know if this is on purpose but I like how this feels like a brainstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! It is on purpose. you are a porpoise. of LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!