Sometimes, it is silly.

Well. Hmm. I think this one is silly, but all my other ones failed completely. And so. plus it is already 12:45 out in Chicago. But I think my poetry runs on West Coast time.

12/30 Silly Salad
Today I married an avocado
with an asparagus.
I was not particularly
inclined to do so, at first. I suggested
to Asparagus that she could
do better—that Avocado was
far too fat for her, plus he was always
watching that damned television. Also
I was concerned
about the pit.
On the other hand, I tried to tell Avocado that
Asparagus was awkward, because she is. And that
nobody at the party would think her jokes were funny, because they
aren’t. And also that Asparagus
smells badly. Because she does. They
didn’t seem to care. They protested but we
are both green! And so in love! and
so I cut them up, boiled one and cubed the
other, dressed them beautifully
and with little ceremony, they were
wed. We all danced at the post-wedding
party. Great wine. Shitty DJ--and
Mushroom made a fool out of
himself, like always. Onion made
everyone cry. Tomato made a mess, but
nobody seemed to mind. They were happy
enough, I guess, Avocado and Asparagus.
Although I’m still a little concerned
about the pit.

Comments

  1. Poor asparagus. It's not her fault she was stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! or was it? grl should shower. this one embarrasses me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!