The back of my throat

If I put this quarter in my mouth I will know the weight of George Washington's decapitated head plus, depending on the quarter, perhaps the weight of one of these 50 states that are United.

I already know the weight. It is 5.6 grams. Knowing this does not tell me anything. I do not speak Measurement.

I will put this quarter in my mouth. It will feel heavy on my tongue. It will taste of metal, but not like a spoon tastes like metal. It will taste like metal and travel and metal and sort of like blood. I will blame the decapitation of the head. This will be a funny joke that I do not tell anybody about. I will smile a little at my own thoughts. I cannot tell anyone. There is this quarter on my tongue and so I cannot say the things I want to say.

5.6 grams is light in my pocket. It is heavier on my tongue.

If there is not a state, there will be an Eagle. I think if I suddenly breathe in, this quarter might flip nicely into my pharynx. The plural of this is pharynges. I only have one pharynx. I gots lots of quarters though.

It would just flip flap shut. It would feel heavy there. Like sometimes how my lungs feel heavy.

Going back to the Eagle. Sometimes, even when this quarter is not in my mouth, I can feel the heavy Eagle wings beating across the back of my throat. I cannot tell if the Eagle is on my tongue then, or if his wings are coming up from inside. There is a tightening in my chest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!