branches like hair

the trees have started shedding their branches again.

I have heard that it is still cold where you are staying.

the branches, they are just lying there across backyards and powerlines. dropped down on fences or in the middle of the hot asphalt streets. the branches, they make no apologies. The trees always pretend like they can't hear me complaining--they just turn their newly scarred side toward my face. In tree, this amounts to putting on airs. I don't mind. They have been here much longer than me.

Pardon me, tree and branch, I will just turn around. Please, continue on as you please.

I have heard it is not even t-shirt weather yet in the far northwest corner of here. I can hardly remember what it means to be cold.

the trees must be getting older, shedding branches like hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15/30

All caught up!